The Greater Ellettsville Area Chamber of Commerce, Inc. Annual Awards Program recognizes and celebrates the work, leadership and progress of its members and our community. Nominations will be accepted from chamber members, as well as the general public. Award recipients will be selected by the Board of Directors of the Ellettsville Chamber of Commerce and honored at the Chamber’s Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony in October.
Chamber Award of Excellence
Established in 2014, the Chamber’s Award of Excellence is given to a business or organization that provides an outstanding product or service in Ellettsville. The Chamber Award of Excellence recognizes a Chamber member that has demonstrated excellence in business affairs, while adding to the quality of life in the Ellettsville Community.
- Creativity, perseverance and innovation in creating jobs, products or services; promotes environmental awareness; and/or provides opportunities for their employees
- Active and involved Chamber member in good standing within the past year
- Be an established business/organization serving the Ellettsville community
Previous Recipients: Chicago’s Pizza (2014), Bybee Stone Company (2015), HealthSource of Ellettsville (2015), Hoosier Family Eyecare (2016), Smithville (2016), The Peoples State Bank (2017), Ellettsville Branch of the Monroe County Public Library – Small Business (2018), Cassady Electrical Contractors, Inc. – Large Business (2018)
Spirit of Maurice E. Endwright Award
Established in 2014, the Spirit of Maurice E. Endwright Award recognizes a person who demonstrates outstanding vision, dedication, service, and leadership resulting in the well being of all our citizens.
- investment in the community
- dedication to seeing the Ellettsville community continue to prosper
- supporting or providing service to the citizens of the community
- providing leadership and vision to the community
- volunteering in the community
Once an individual receives the award, they are ineligible to receive it a second time. This award is established to recognize the contributions to our community of an individual over a period of time. A one-time action without continued involvement in the community would not make an individual eligible. The actions of an individual in the community should be considered a part of the individual’s service and leadership to the community.
Previous Recipients: Mary Ann Steinhagen (2014), Helen Ennis (2014), Jeana Kapczynski (2015), Chris Fisher (2016), Marty Hawk (2017), Mava Rogers (2018)
Educator of the Year Award
Established in 2014, the Educator of the Year Award is presented to an individual who has demonstrated unparalleled leadership in promoting and advancing excellence in education. This award celebrates those individuals who have done something “special” for children or the field of education. Nominees may be teachers, administrators, board of education members, or community representatives.
- Demonstrated record of significant and distinguished contribution to the education profession.
- Provides a lasting positive impact on student learning.
- Generates a common vision and mission for higher expectations among students, faculty and the education community.
- Serves as a role model and mentor for students and/or future generations of educators.
Previous Recipients: Bill Buxton (2014), Mary Beth Gallagher (2015), Vicki Hardy (2016), Jill Cronin (2017), Holly Lantz (2018)
Established in 1999 and retired in 2014, the Maurice E. Endwright Award recognized a business or “entity who demonstrates outstanding vision, dedication, service, and leadership resulting in the well-being of all our citizens.”
A permanent plaque is maintained at the Ellettsville Chamber of Commerce that lists the former winners of the award.
2000 – Smithville Telephone Company, Inc.
2001 – The Ellettsville Journal
2002 – Bybee Stone Co., Inc.
2003 – Lenzy Hayes Inc
2004 – Monroe Bank
2005 – The Endwright Center
2006 – Cook Inc.
2007 – Peoples State Bank
2008 – Ellettsville True Value Hardware
2009 – Richland Bean-Blossom Community School Corporation
2010 – Ellettsville Main Street
2011 – Ivy Tech Community College
2012 – Chandler Funeral Home
2013 – HealthSource Chiropractic